Search This Site
Work in Progress
About This Site
HOWTO information can be difficult to categorize succinctly because
software, hardware, theory, practice, and advice often cover very similar
material. The categories below are loosely formed. Often the same subject
may be approached differently in more than one category.
git is a good example
- it is an application, an approach to solving a problem, and
has recommended best practices.
- General Install - tips on installing services
- Specific Hardware and OS/Driver Installation
- detailed specific step by step instructions for setting up hardware
- Web Design Info - two part HTML and CGI tips
- Application Info - popular application tips
- Development Platform Info - details how to do the
same kind of things on different platforms. Each platform is further broken
down into install, quick reference, and code development
- Programming Language Info - how to do the same thing in different
Coming soon: web coding on site class.
Warning: Missing argument 1 for zapdisqus(), called in /Users/fredness/howto/public_html/index.php on line 51 and defined in /Users/fredness/howto/public_html/headfoot.php on line 183
||[ reveal section ]
legacy notes 
Development Platform Info
- Installation and Use FAQ
- SunOS 4.X = Solaris 1.X (pre-System V)
SunOS 5.X = Solaris 2.X (2.7 = "7", 2.8 = "8")
- Media Streaming
Programming Language Info
- Java is a virus
- JBoss - a
J2EE compliant Enterprose JavaBeans Application Server.
Extremely simple to install. Available with or without
JSP/Java Servlet container.
Development Platform Archive